Whether you’re going to be in a video or having pictures taken of you, it’s important to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Follow these quick tips to get you camera ready.
- Clothing. Choose an outfit that you feel comfortable in and looks put together. Make sure that it is clean and wrinkle-free. Side tip: Don’t wear stripes or anything super bold.
- Sit up straight. Your body says a lot about your energy and intelligence, so be aware of your posture without being stiff or robotic.
- Don’t try anything new on your hair or skin right before a shoot. If you’re not completely familiar and confident with your look, the camera will pick up on it.
- Be aware of your hands. If you are going to use them make sure there is meaning behind it. If your not using them consider holding something like a blanket or a book.
- Look at the camera as you would your favorite pet. Don’t be afraid of the lens – it’s not going to bite. Just look at it with the love you’d give a welcoming pet at the end of the day. And make sure to blink naturally.
Now I want to hear from you! What are your favorite ways to get camera ready? Leave them in the comments below.
Want more fantastic tips? Subscribe to my newsletter and check out my recent post How to Find the Right Professionals for Your Wedding.